Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Jardin el Capricho

April 11 we met with the Huber family at the Jardin el Capricho.
It's a less-know garden in Madrid but it was beautiful!

We didn't know much about it, but it was really peaceful to walk through.
There were hedge mazes, which unfortunately we couldn't walk in.
And all kinds of different trees with beautiful blossoms and amazing bark.  
I'm glad I caught this sweet moment on camera.  
My boys sure love each other and I sure love them!
I loved the many different varieties of flowers we saw.
God truly created this earth with variety and attention to detail!

There were buildings, large and small inside this large garden.  It probably used to be a royal garden at some point, but is now used for weddings and other events.
Our friends, the Hubers.

There was an empty pond area as well.  The kids had been disappointed that this wasn't a park with playgrounds, so we took a few minutes to play tag.
Because food wasn't allowed inside the garden, we went to where the Hubers had parked their car to eat.  We enjoyed good food and talking.  Then a storm blew in and we piled into their car.  We went back to our hotel and played games there.  We made Cuban Rice for dinner.  We had to eat in shifts because we couldn't make a lot of food at one time and because we had a limited supply of utensils.  It worked out in the end and we had a fun day with them.

No comments: