Wednesday, August 29, 2012

A Trip to Baltimore

At the end of July, we went on a little day trip up to Baltimore with Maren.  We went to the National Aquarium.  It was a lot of fun!  We all loved seeing all the different kinds of fish and aquamarine life.  The building was set up very interestingly.  You went from one exhibit to another and it just flowed to the next room.  The big windowed buildings and the walk way in between were all part of it.


 There were some HUGE stingrays swimming around!  We saw regular-sized ones and then we saw this big one!  It really was huge.  Glenn loved seeing them.  
 A seahorse hiding...
 Paul getting and giving a kiss! ;) 
(I won't tell you how many times we tried to get this shot...)
 This was one of my favorite fish!  His body was kind of triangular and he was just very interesting looking.  Plus we sort of bonded....

 A puffin!  
(Makes me think of The Swan Princess every time I see puffins.)
 I don't even know what this was...maybe an eel or something like that.
 It was a lot of fun seeing this star fish--with the like 18 legs--move around these rocks.  Glenn thought it was pretty amazing.  And I did too!
 We found Nemo!
 Glenn loves turtles!  Every time we saw one, he wanted to take a picture of it.  This was one of the best ones he took.  I think if we ever get a pet, it may be a turtle.  Not saying that we are, but IF...I think I could handle that more than a dog.  We'll see.  

In another section of the aquarium, they had a little dolphin exhibit.  They gave a little show that showed some of the tricks and such the dolphins have been learning.  Not as impressive as Sea World, but it was pretty cool.  

We also saw these amazing jellyfish.  I didn't know there were so many different varieties.  I like the little bubble ones with polka dots.  
Another turtle...
 This was a pretty cool fish--he spits water to get bugs--see video.


After the aquarium, we took Maren to the airport and said good-bye.  We had a lot of fun with her visiting us.  Good-bye to my not-twin twin! ;D

1 comment:

Esther/Mom/Grandma said...

Great pictures! Glad you had a good time!