We have really enjoyed having Maren visit with us. Here are a few things we have done with Maren this past week.
Jean Quilt
When I was working on my jean quilt, I talked to Maren about her making one as well. We didn't have the time when I still lived in Utah, so that got put on hold. But this last week we did have time! I got out my huge stack of already cut squares and Maren worked out a pattern that she liked:
M for Maren!
So once she knew the pattern, I got the sewing machine set up and she was ready to start sewing.
First one done--many more to go!
Concentrating on her work...
It took a day to sew each strip...
...the next day she sewed them all together.
And now the front side is complete!
Great job Maren!! It was fun for me to watch you sew and to see the excitement on your face as you created something. Can't wait to see what material you choose for the other side!
Botanical Garden
So on Thursday we made plans to go to the DC temple. Paul and I were going to switch off being at the visitor's center with Glenn while the others were in the temple. We drove all the way there and then realized that they were closed for cleaning and maintenance. Oops. Guess we should've looked at a calendar.
So we took the time to look around the visitor's center. It is a great building with a lot of neat displays. I know Grandpa Thibault helped work on it several years ago...I wonder how much it has changed.
Anyway, after the visitor's center, we went to a nearby botanical garden. It was called Brookside Gardens. The visitor's center there closed at 5pm and we got there around 6pm. So we weren't able to see what they had on display inside, but the garden walkways were open. Even though it was 6pm, it was still very hot and humid. We went for just a short walk and look forward to coming again--maybe in October or something when it isn't so hot! : D
Glenn really liked these little red ones.
A cute little gnome house...
...Glenn was about to enter, but I think he saw the spider webs and bugs and decided not to go in. : D
Glenn called this one a 'spiky tree'.
We found these cute butterfly benches too.
It was so green and beautiful!
Oh!! And we saw this turtle climbing up from one little pond to a larger pond.
It was so cool to see him so close and personal!
Anyway, after the visitor's center, we went to a nearby botanical garden. It was called Brookside Gardens. The visitor's center there closed at 5pm and we got there around 6pm. So we weren't able to see what they had on display inside, but the garden walkways were open. Even though it was 6pm, it was still very hot and humid. We went for just a short walk and look forward to coming again--maybe in October or something when it isn't so hot! : D
Glenn really liked these little red ones.
A cute little gnome house...
...Glenn was about to enter, but I think he saw the spider webs and bugs and decided not to go in. : D
Glenn called this one a 'spiky tree'.
We found these cute butterfly benches too.
It was so green and beautiful!
Oh!! And we saw this turtle climbing up from one little pond to a larger pond.
It was so cool to see him so close and personal!
Fun Around the House
A blog post wouldn't be complete unless I shared some fun pictures of Glenn. : D
Here Mr. Glenn is entertaining us while we played games.
And a video of Glenn being Glenn...And another of Glenn and Maren...
Glenn has had the fun of musical beds--some nights he wants his mattress in our room, other times he wants it in with Maren. He has had a lot of fun with both.
2 comments:
Looks like you guys are having tons of fun with Maren. Jealous! And her quilt is awesome!
Ditto what Kirsta said - we can't wait to see all of you!
Post a Comment