Thursday, July 12, 2012

A Busy [Fun] Weekend

Last Friday--after the 4th--we had a pretty busy weekend.  Some friends of ours took a mini-vacation and we watched their two boys at their home.  Glenn really liked it because he is best buddies with Reagan-their older boy.  And he is getting used to another little person around with Samuel.  I'd like to think it is good practice for when a sibling for Glenn comes along.  : D
 

Samuel came running up to me, making this face when he saw the camera.
Goofy kid!
 Glenn loves playing Batman there--and yes, both he and Reagan were running around with no pants.  Apparently that was the thing to do! ; )
 And this is Reagan-funny kid!
 Glenn loves playing with their tools as well.  
Other kids' toys are so much fun, aren't they?!
 They actually weren't fighting, at least not for real.  They may have been play-fighting though.  They are such best friends.  They play so well together; they fight and then they are best friends again!
 And I thought this was so sweet!  
I think Paul is such a wonderful Dad!  And actually when the boys woke up, they wanted to go to Paul.  It was fun for me to see them love Paul so much.

The next morning I went to Baltimore to pick up my sister Maren who flew out here to visit us.  We went out to a cute little French cafe for brunch.  
 I got the Mount Washington Crepe--it had stawberries, apples and Nutella inside with a big scoop of vanilla ice cream on top.  It was really good, but a little too much for me, especially that early.  
 Maren got a savory crepe.  I can't remember the name now, but it had chicken, artichokes, mushrooms, Parmesan cheese, and a yummy sauce.  It was so delicious--I tasted it! ; )

 I took these pictures when we got back to our friends' house.  We were there from Friday night through Sunday afternoon.  
 Glenn's dog Sunny got a ride with the other puppy. 
 The boys had fun twirling and making themselves dizzy.

Glenn was so excited about finding this little chef outfit.  I love that he loves to cook and be apart of the kitchen.  I think he could be a great cook like his Daddy!
Playing in the play room...
 Aren't these boys so cute?!
 Oh!!  And Paul found this Snuggie they have...it's like a perfect fit for Paul too!  We were cleaning up the toys and he got up on the bench and Maren and I hadn't realized that he had that on...we had a great laugh!
Paul is pretty awesome, some may even say Super!! : D

Sunday evening we hung out at our apartment.  Glenn had to initiate Maren into the Bee club--we've now all had our pictures taken and put on the blog with them on.  He is excited and happy to have Maren here to play with, to talk to and have fun with!  We are happy she is here too!  We knew she would be the first in my family to come visit us!

1 comment:

Esther/Mom/Grandma said...

Fun, fun, fun - I'm glad you are all having a great time - I'm jealous about the crepes - you'll have to take me there when we come visit...