Thursday, July 12, 2012

A [Short] Visit from Cheryl

Yesterday Paul picked up his sister Cheryl from the airport.  She is on her way to Russia today and we were lucky enough that she had a layover at Dulles!  So we got to visit with her for about a day.  


Her plane got in around 4 in the afternoon and we went to dinner shortly thereafter.  She chose The Cheesecake Factory.  We joked that it should become a tradition that we take our visitors to The Cheesecake Factory after picking them up from the airport!  That's where we went shortly after Glenn and I arrived in VA.  That would be fun and yummy!

Of course we had to take a picture of our good food.  We got the Madeira Chicken...
 ...the Luau Salad...
...and the Grilled Shrimp and Bacon Club--I think.
 Maren. Cheryl. Glenn.
 Paul and I.


Paul wanted to make a yummy traditional Brazilian meal for Cheryl...so he was up early this morning getting the ingredients in the crock pot.  He made Feijoada, rice, and farofa go to on top.  We also had deliciously-cooked asparagus.  

 Glenn and Maren put on a little dance show for us before Paul took Cheryl to the airport. 

 We sure enjoyed seeing Cheryl!  We hope the next time she visits she can be with us longer.  
Have fun in Russia!!

1 comment:

Esther/Mom/Grandma said...

I'm glad Maren and Cheryl both had a chance to visit with you - I can't wait to see you all in a few weeks!