Thursday, July 5, 2012

Happy Independence Day!

We hope everyone had a wonderful, safe and FUN 4th of July! We did!
It started out with a pancake breakfast at the Church.  It was at 7am!!  On a holiday?!  I'm not sure what they were thinking, but we didn't get there until almost 8am and there were still plenty of pancakes left.  : D

After breakfast we went to the park across the street from our apartment.  We noticed that it was starting to look like Fall--just on the park side of the street.  The trees next to the apartment are still green and full, but the trees at the park are losing their leaves.  Kind of strange...

Anyway we played there for a bit--until it got too hot.  
 (Glenn was riding and then drove right into that pole!  He wasn't hurt at all, but he went off his bike and just laid there!  We all laughed pretty hard!)

We came back home and enjoyed being inside during the hot part of the day.  Glenn helped Paul prepare our yummy dessert, and he helped with some prep for dinner.  
Paul made pizza and it really tasted so delicious!!  I love Paul's pizzas!

Then we enjoyed our Patriotic dessert.  Doesn't it look so tasty?  It's like eating a bite of heaven!

We then drove out to a nearby city, Leesburg, to watch some fireworks.  We didn't really know where to go exactly, so we just followed people.  We saw people sitting on a hill, so we joined them.  There had been a concert and show going on at a park, but we weren't close enough to see or hear it.  But we still had a pretty good view of the fireworks.  
(Okay, so I jokingly asked Glenn if I should wear the American Flags in my hair...and he said yes.  
So I did for awhile.  I'm sure I got a few weird looks, but oh well!)
(It was still very warm and humid even at 9pm at night.  Glenn's hair is pretty wet from sweat.)

Oh!  Also during the day Paul and I read The Declaration of Independence.  If you haven't read it at all, or even if it has been awhile, I encourage you to read it.  It's not long, but it has a great and powerful message!

"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, --That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness..."


Happy Independence Day!!

1 comment:

Esther/Mom/Grandma said...

Looks like you had a great day - and yummy treats!