Sunday, July 15, 2012

A Visit from "Tall Ryan"

This weekend we had a short visit from our friend "Tall Ryan" as Glenn calls him.  Ryan is one of Maren's good friends from Utah, but who is in Connecticut for a couple months doing an internship.  He had a few other friends down this way and we were lucky enough to have him take time to hang out with us.
Oh, but before I get on with our weekend, Glenn had been feeling kind of sick on Friday.  He curled up on the couch and said, "I'm tired.  I'm going to go to sleep."

I was surprised that he actually did fall asleep.
He just looked so cute that I had to take a picture.
 Later that night Maren, Paul and I played some games.  
We ate some delicious white cheddar cheese with crackers.  

Late Saturday morning we drove down to Falls Church to pick up Ryan.  Glenn liked having a companion in the back seat with him.
 Oh, and Paul spotted this beautiful car as we were picking up Ryan.  
The house is pretty too, eh?

After getting Ryan we went to a bowling alley.  It was the largest one I've been in.
Glenn was excited to go bowling and to get his own bowling shoes!
 We kind of had an interesting experience...the lane that we were on was kind of lame.  It curved a lot to the sides and so we didn't do very well.  And the points got messed up and so it would give us weird points and such.  The pins also would get bumped out into the lane and it was just weird.  So we didn't want to give them any more of our money, so we left after only one game.  


Glenn giving Maren a "high-ten"!

Yeah, Glenn really liked having friends in the back with him, especially people that love him and want to play with him.  

 After bowling we came back to our house to make lunch and hang out.  I wish I had taken a picture of the lunch process.  We had all 5 of us in the kitchen making different parts of the meal.  Paul was making grilled cheese sandwiches; I was making chunky tomato soup; Maren was cutting up strawberries; and Ryan and Glenn were making lemonade.  It was a yummy lunch!

We took a picture of us just before we took Ryan back to his friend's house.  It was a short visit, but it was fun to see him.  And since he is close to New York City, we will probably go visit him up there!

 On the way home, I took this picture of the sky--it was gorgeous!

2 comments:

Esther/Mom/Grandma said...

I'm glad you got visitors - I love it when I get visitors...Glenn looks so sweet on the couch - did he wrap himself up in the blanket like that?

Kayley said...

Yeah he did. He just curled right up and fell asleep!