Sunday, July 1, 2012

A Visit from Devin and Davis

At the beginning of June we were happy to have our first visitors!!  Uncle Devin bought a car in New York and also had some business meetings in several states here in the East.  We were lucky that he took a couple-hour detour to visit with us.  His son Davis came with him and we were happy to see him as well, Glenn especially.
They arrived late Tuesday night and the next morning Devin treated us to breakfast.  We chose IHOP.  
Glenn loved sitting next to Davis and playing with him.  When he looked at the menu, he saw a picture of a funny-faced pancake and he told the waiter that that was what he wanted.  I was amazed at how well he told him and how matter of fact it was.  It was sure cute.  He was really excited to get the pancake...he ate the eyes and mouth, I believe, and then wanted to eat my food.  I knew he would want some of mine because I got scrambled eggs.  Actually I ordered what I did because I thought he would want eggs.  But he just had been so confident in ordering what he thought he wanted!
We had a good breakfast--thank you Uncle Devin!!



After that we went to the Air and Space museum near Dulles Airport.  Glenn wanted to be with Davis the entire time!  He wanted to hold his hand, he wanted to walk with him, he wanted to talk with him.  It was fun for me to watch this all unfold.  I hope Davis wasn't too bothered by this.  I realized though how much little kids really do look up to older ones.  I hope that these older kids realize that as well.  They have a powerful influence on these young kids.  

We got to see the Discovery again.  This time we got to see it up close and personal, and that was neat.

I took some pictures of some interesting aircraft and the ones that I liked as well.
 This one was an 'airphibian': an airplane that could turn into a car! How funny!

 This was a flying platform...kind of interesting idea.  I heard some guy as he walked past saying that it was kind of like a segway for the air.  Pretty cool, eh?

Oh, and these next pictures I thought were pretty clever.  This is a mailbox painted like R2-D2 from Star Wars, and the phone booth is like a space capsule.  

We  had a good time with Devin and Davis and we sad it was such a short visit.  

No comments: