My birthday was a good one. It started out with a trip to the library for story time and a play date with our friends Jennifer and Greisen. I had received an email the night before from someone in the ward telling me about a lunch date with some other girls. I had to tell them 'thank-you, but no because I already had plans'. When I got to the library I saw this girl and the other ones who had responded that they would be going out to lunch. I was surprised to see them, so I asked them why they had changed their minds. They just made some excuses that they decided not to go for this reason or that...but then one finally told me that they were going to go to celebrate my birthday! Oh! I didn't know that they knew it was my birthday. I felt kind of bad, but we all laughed about it. We all talked at the park outside the library while our kids played.
Then my friend Jennifer took us out to get some ice cream at a restaurant called Friendly's.
We were home for a couple of hours and then we went out to dinner with just our little family. We went to Carrabba's because we had a gift card. We got some very yummy dishes and split them. (That is one of our favorite things to do--get two things that we both were interested in trying and share them.)
We didn't take pictures of our food this time, but we took some of each other.
Glenn took the ones of Paul and I, and the ones of just me. We had a very good dinner and actually ate everything that was given to us--I don't know if that has ever happened. We usually take something home to eat later, but we must've been really hungry that night!
Plus it was good!
After dinner we rented a movie from Redbox--"Puss in Boots"; we opened some gifts; and we ate a most delicious pie for dessert!
I LOVE Twix and Paul got me two packages of them-yay!
(I won't tell you how quickly I ate them though...) ;)
Paul also got me a book light. There have been times when both of them were asleep and I'd want to read.
My friend Jennifer also gave me a gift. She didn't have to, but it sure was nice of her. I'm excited to use this tourguide book of Washington DC with kids. It will be helpful to find the fun things to do for Glenn.
And this is the most delicious pie! It is from Edward's and it was so good! This flavor was the Reese's one, but they also have a cookies 'n cream one, a Hershey's one, a Turtle one, and different fruit ones as well: Key lime, strawberry oh and I guess a Mint chocolate one too. I think we've tried all of them now--except the Hershey's one--and we like them all. Well the strawberry one is not my favorite, but man oh, man the other ones are SO GOOD! If you haven't tried them, DO! We get them at Wal-mart in the frozen pie section. I think we've eaten one every week since then! Ha! Okay, maybe not that many, but we have had several of them.
If I'm fatter the next time you see me, you'll know why! ;)
5 comments:
Happy Birthday!! :)
I'm glad you had a good birthday! And that was way nice of those sisters to want to take you out for lunch for your birthday (even though you didn't know it!).
I'm so glad you had a good birthday! And I grew up with Friendly's! They're ice cream is so good, and I always loved getting their clown cone! and if they sell Friendly's ice cream in the stores, the black raspberry is THE BEST! Man, I miss it! Happy (really late) birthday!
Sounds like you had a great birthday! Don't keep eating those pies and Twix, though, or you won't fit in your bridesmaid dress! ha! Can't wait to see you guys in a month or less!
Happy (late) Birthday! sounds like you had a great day...as you should have! That pie sounds amazing! I am glad you guys have been adjusting well and meeting new friends. Looks like there is A LOT to do there!
Post a Comment