Last month my older brother Ethan graduated from college..finally! We joke that he was on the 12-year plan, instead of the 4-year. Either way though, we are happy for him that he has done this--and that he walked in the ceremony. It took my mom and his wife convincing him to do it though. It was a nice program and it wasn't very long either.
You know how the announcer asks you to hold you applause until the end? Well, remember how no one really listens to that? Except our family. I guess we obey the rules. Poor Ethan. When his name was read, not one of us cheered. I did a little in my seat, but not loud. They told us not to, so we didn't. But every other graduate got a cheer from his family. Sorry Ethan. We are proud of you--we just didn't make it know to the rest of the world.
I am very proud of Ethan. He always has been so capable! He has been working in his field for a long time now and I think getting a degree was just the icing on the cake. He could do it without it probably, but it is great that he went to school and finished that task. Congratulations Ethan!
Waiting in line
His name being read
Shaking hands with his professors
(I thought this was a cool one--he is clear and everyone else is blurry, and yet he was the one moving!)
Ethan with his boy Jasper
Me, Ethan and Paul
Lena and Ethan
Ethan with his family and our parents
Our grandparents on both sides were able to attend the ceremony, as well as Ethan's little family, my parents, Paul and I, and one aunt and cousin. The rest of the family was unable to attend due to previous engagements. I was happy that I could support Ethan on his big day.
Most of us were able to attend a late lunch though. :D We ate at Brick Oven in Layton. Our group was so big that we had to be split to two tables. The management felt bad for this and gave us complimentary cheese bread. I thought that was a very nice apology! ;) The little boys did pretty well at the restaurant. They saw the chef with his big red hat and were so interested in it. Little Devin kept telling me whenever he could see it. I wanted to take him over to meet him, but Devin was too scared. How funny!
Afterwards we just hung out at Mom and Dad's. We played a couple of games that night too. It was a good day to celebrate! Congrats again Ethan!!
1 comment:
I'm glad you were able to attend - I know it meant a lot to Ethan, even though he originally didn't want to "walk" or attend graduation. I know he appreciates being recognized by his family.
Post a Comment