For over a year and a half now, we have wanted to get rid of the aspen trees in our yard. They were planted too close to our house for one, and they send up lots of little tree shoots all over. We were done with them. So our neighbor who has lots of tree-cutting experience, came over to help us cut them down.
Here are some 'before' pictures. They were taken last June, when we thought we might cut down our trees. I guess we did cut some of the smaller, side trees, but not the big ones yet.
Here are the during pictures:
(Our neighbor doing the cutting.)
So there you have it. All of the aspen trees in our yard are gone.
I took a few pictures of Glenn as we watched the guys cut down the trees.
I told him to smile--and he gave me a big cheeser! :D
He was so cute! He saw the men gathering up the branches and such, so he started helping too. He takes that little wheelbarrow everywhere!
And on a side note, we had a bird nest in one of our trees. Chris climbed up to get it down before falling the tree. There were four eggs in there and they were perfect!
We tried putting it in our neighbor's tree and tried directing the robins to the new location, but it didn't work. We then gave the nest and eggs to another neighbor who had incubators. They tried to keep the eggs safe, but I just found out that a cat or something got to them. So, sorry robins. We didn't mean to take your eggs. But we are glad to not have those pesky trees in our yard. I think I will miss the shade come summer...
1 comment:
Those trees can definitely be a nuisance - we have some, too - but your yard looks so different now! Are you going to plant some other type of tree now?
Post a Comment