A couple of Sundays ago we had some pretty neat weather come our way. It had been a nice day and just before it reached us it was very calm. We took these pictures, but of course the camera doesn't do it justice. When it finally hit us, it really hit us. The hail came down fast and hard; the wind was strong and slammed the house. There even was some spinning spotted in the clouds west of where we lived. It was a neat storm and was over within 30 minutes or so.
The next day I read about the tornadoes that hit the mid-west. When storms like this come along, I am reminded of God's power. He commands the winds and the waves and they obey. If only we could obey Him so well... I am amazed though at how beautiful the sky looked. How grateful I am to have a home where I was safe and protected.
1 comment:
I remember that day - I left after the storm in Lehi, then met up with its "sister" in SLC - it rained quite a bit, but it didn't feel like a tornado was coming or anything. But I sure was glad to get home!
Post a Comment