The next day we visited the "Grand Canyon of Yellowstone." We saw beautiful waterfalls, a fast-flowing river, and tall, thin pine trees. We had a good day hiking and checking out the scenery.
Lane and Eden
Davis, Glenn and Cheryl (or Rul-rul as Glenn lovingly calls her--just like Paul used to!)
I LOVE this picture! My little guy is so handsome!
Sandy-Mom and me
Aren't we a cute family?! : D
Paul--on top of the world
I like that Paul took a picture as we were getting ready for the picture! Goof!
This guy was just sitting there, like he was posing for pictures.
All of the group hiked the first part. Then only some wanted to do another portion--the steps down to a picturesque spot to see the grand waterfall. Cheryl didn't want to go down, so she stayed up with Glenn and entertained him. Paul, Audrey, Lane, Bennett, Camille and I can't remember if Davis came too...But the few of us went on the last leg of the hike. We got some gorgeous views of the canyon and the "yellow stone". (Joseph and Miles were so excited about seeing the yellow stone their parents kept talking about. I wish I could've been with them when they finally got to see it!)
Me, Paul and Paul's dad Dennis
We found this mama and baby buffalo in this bright green meadow--it was so peaceful.
Paul totally deserves a prize for this awesome picture--look at how awesome that is!
We hiked along this trail, covered on both sides with these tall, thin trees. The wind was quite strong at times. Camille and I were afraid one was going to fall on us. And guess what?! One almost did! Paul and I missed it though because we had walked on ahead of the others. But when they caught back up to us, they told us how one fell right in front of them! Crazy! Wish I had seen it.
We met up with everyone at Artist's Point-where the last picture was taken. We then got into our cars and went a few different ways. Glenn fell asleep in the car, so just Paul and Cheryl got out at the next stop. Glenn woke up not long after they left...I was hoping he would go back to sleep since he didn't nap long and he was still so tired. Plus I didn't know how long the little hike would be. I wish we had gotten out to see the mud pots. Paul took a video to show us later and Glenn loved it! He thought the mud bubbles bursting were so funny!
And more pictures of Glenn in the car because...well, that's where we were a lot! He was a good kid though and didn't get too fussy.
1 comment:
More superb photos! I love all the cute pictures of Glenn - and you look great, too!
Post a Comment