The last half of March was filled with several fun things. We had a visit from Aunt Cheryl and we spent a lot of time with our new friends from Spain. Before they came however, we did some fun things on our own and of course here at home. The weather was still cold, snowy sometimes and rainy on other days. It's definitely still winter in Canada this time of year! One time when we were out walking we noticed a sign that said, "Glenn." We of course had to take a picture! This is the Glenn Gould Studio, named for a classical pianist of the 20th century.
We've made a friend at church who works at the Canada Life building that we can see out our windows. We invited her to dinner on Thursday, March 15. We introduced her to Hawaiian Haystacks and she brought along a very yummy Japanese cheesecake. It was really good!
Another great recital at St. Andrew's. This was what they call piano four hands, in which two pianists play on the same piano. They were really good! I wish I could record them!
And here at the apartment, we've tried to come up with some fun things to do when the weather is too bad to go outside. Here we have a very lightweight vacuum. Sarah has seen me use it and has been interested. So one day when she asked to vacuum, I let her do it. (And since then it's sort of become her little chore! And she loves it.) :D
Dad's socks can be a lot of fun for little ones. I remember Paul doing this with Glenn when he was little, so it was fun to see him scoot Sarah around now too. (This was after an FHE activity in which we had to throw Paul's {clean} socks into a basket around the house. It was fun!) It's hard to hear in the video, but she said she was skating.
We bought some foam-type stuff from the store the other day and the kids not only have had fun playing with it, but also with the packaging it came in. Sometimes I wonder why we buy the toys at all? ;) Why not just give packaging?! Hahaha!
And of course, every day we've done our school work. I know I've said this before, but Sarah likes to do *work* too when Glenn is working. I love that she sits near him and wants to do what he does.
This time, he drew little circles on the pages and had her try to color them in, or try to draw shapes in them. She is such a natural pencil holder!!
And as always, daddy knows how to be silly and have fun.
Even though the weather was still mostly cold, we had a pretty good month of March.


















No comments:
Post a Comment