This year for Thanksgiving we spent with several friends from our ward. We all signed up to bring different dishes, so it was a fun combination of traditional dishes from each of our families.
Our friends the Denson's hosted the event. We also had the Fairbanks, the Breinholt's, Uncle Bob (of the Denson's), and Paul's co-worker and his friend. So 11 adults and 5 kids.
My good friend Cassandra--the one that makes cakes--made the turkey, and man oh man was it delicious! We of course brought pears under the sea jello and apple-yam casserole. We also made stuffing and a delicious green beans and tomatoes dish. We had such yummy food and I was happy to be a part of this gathering!
Cassandra.
Nathaniel. Matthew. Glenn. Seth.
Paul. Laura. Javi.
(Both Laura and Javi are from Madrid.)
Lily. Mitchel. (And I can't believe I didn't get a pic of his wife Amber--sorry!)
Monte. Cassandra. Nathaniel.
Uncle Bob. Erin. Paul.
Me. Paul.
We had such a great time! We helped the Denson's with a new family tradition. They bought a white tablecloth and some fabric markers. We were all to write down something we were thankful for and they would use it year after year and add more things to the cloth. I was thankful for a new car and great friends.
That evening after eating we played Reverse Charades and Apples to Apples. We had a lot of fun. And of course we ended the night with all kinds of pie-yum!
Happy Thanksgiving!
No comments:
Post a Comment