Paul and I had been thinking about buying another car for a while...But we didn't really put a lot of thought or work into it until the last month or so. We decided that we wanted another car that was bigger than our Civic, especially in the storage area. That wasn't hard to do because our hybrid Civic has only 12 cubic feet of storage. So...we then decided that we wanted a small SUV.
We test drove many different models but ultimately we liked the Honda CR-V the best and felt most comfortable in it. After doing research into the price and the year and all that, we decided that the one we test drove was the one we wanted. We went back to the dealership the next morning--the first customers in the door--and asked for the guy who helped us the previous night-Justin. He wasn't in yet, but Aaron was willing and able to help us. We started walking toward the desk where they keep all the keys and we were telling him about the car we drove--the make and year and I even remembered part of the stock number! As I was saying it, another guy was walking away from the desk and started saying it with me--because he was taking the car out right now for a test drive. Wait what?! He had gotten a request to drive it last night but the guy had to postpone it to the next morning. So he was about to take it out.
Our hearts sank.
We were definitely nervous, but Aaron said not to worry. He had a good feeling for us. We wanted to believe him, but we weren't sure. We didn't want to go through the entire process all over again. Not that it was the only car in the world for us, but it was nice that it was what we wanted at a good price and here in Austin. So we got started with paperwork and getting into the system and all that. It seemed like the others were gone a long time, but I'm sure they weren't. When they returned, Aaron got the keys from them and was not going to let anyone else have them.
It was going to be ours!
So we sighed a huge sigh and finished all the paperwork. Then I wrote the biggest check I've ever written--but it sure felt good to pay with cash! And it was ours! We finally had another car!
The official date for buying the car was November 19. I took some pictures of it later when it was sunny again. And I am so happy to have it!
The car had less than 42,000 miles on it and is a 2012 model. I happened to look down after running some errands and noticed that I hit 42,000 on the dot!
Hooray for another car! It's so great having that freedom and ability to go places when I need and would like. I'm still getting used to the idea, but it sure is great! Glenn loves it too!
No comments:
Post a Comment