I can't believe how quickly the month of October passed. It seemed to come and go so fast!
It also was a pretty warm month. I am used to Utah weather--so it's definitely not summer anymore and it's autumn. Not so much in Texas. It was still so warm that some of our window clings melted!
Glenn and I made a list his friends that he wanted to give little treats to. Then we made little Jack-o-lanterns from oranges and lollipop ghosts.
October 24th our ward had a Trunk-or-Treat. I hadn't had time to finish my and Paul's costumes, so we just wore food shirts. Glenn wanted to be Batman again.
Glenn and little Joanie pumpkin!
The kids got to wear their costumes, go on a parade around the gym and then out to the cars to go Trunk-or-treating. Several of the cars also had little games and decorations set up so it was more than just getting candy. It was a fun time. And of course the most popular costume was Elsa, from Frozen.
A week later, on Halloween day, our ward did a playgroup Halloween party. My friend was hosting it and I asked if I could help. She asked if I could bring some food or a craft. Glenn and I looked on Pinterest and decided on some treats. We did the orange pumpkins again...
...and some monster pudding cups. (Vanilla pudding colored green with crushed Oreo's on top. Super easy and super cute!)
We had other yummy treats at the party too.
The kids got to play and do a craft for awhile. They had fun jumping on the trampoline.
Then it was time for the candy hunt. I guess it's been a tradition to do a candy hunt on Halloween too--like Easter. We threw candy and other treats and such all over the yard and the kids got to fill their bags with their findings.
We had a good turn-out and the kids were great!
That evening we took some pictures of Glenn before going out to trick-or-treat.
Our first stop was the library. They had some Halloween stories and got some candy from the librarians.
We ran into our neighbors who also were there! (Do you recognize the Tigger costume? We let him borrow it and he LOVED it!)
Siayam. Swasti. Glenn.
Then we went to the Dunn's house. We waited until about 6:15 or so and then went out to get candy.
Our little group of Trick-or-Treaters!
We went along their street and then into the park where lots of people were handing out candy and had games and all kinds of fun stuff going on.
Bruce. Glenn. Atlas.
They also had a photographer there taking pictures for free!
Then we went along a few more streets. I was surprised at how many houses were dark and not handing out candy. But the kids were having fun.
After awhile we went back to the Dunn's to eat chili and other yummy snacks. We brought over the leftover pumpkins, the pudding cups and I also made some witches' brooms. They looked much cuter on Pinterest, but oh well. It was fun and festive.
Glenn and a few of the other things had so much fun handing candy out to the kids who came to the house. They loved seeing all the different costumes too.
We tried to get the to do a little parade but it didn't quite work. And out of the kids that were there, we had 4 Elsa's! Very popular that night for sure!
Cute little ladybug Urban
It was kind of a mad-house. Kids were excited and having fun, the adults were talking and eating and enjoying the madness.
Then it got really crazy. I was in the other room when Ariel told me to hurry and come look. Paul was being tackled by all of the kids! I'm not sure how it got started, but they were loving it!
Sorry for the dark video, but it kind of shows the craziness and Paul being tackled.
Then we asked Ariel to take our picture. I made Thing 1 and Thing 2 shirts for me and Paul. And I made a Thing 3 for Glenn! We had a really fun night--and Glenn got to wear two different costumes!
Happy Halloween!

2 comments:
What a fun month!
Haha! Spencer's mom sent us those same window clings! I was so confused when I saw that picture.
Post a Comment