Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Priscilla and Spencer Malona Wedding

August 30th was the day of the wedding.  I was so excited and happy for my friend, Priscilla!  We had been best friends when we were in high school.  And funny story about the groom--Spencer.  One day when she and I were sophomores, we were standing in the hallway at school talking.  This freshman kid came up to us, turned to Priscilla and asked, "Would you go out with me?"  She was surprised and said, "I don't even know you."  He walked away and we, stunned that that just happened, laughed.  We soon forgot all about that...until...they worked together at a restaurant after high school, then met up again later in life.  When she told me who she was marrying--and that he had gone to high school with us--I couldn't put a face to the name.  She reminded me of that time back in high school, and we laughed and laughed that it was the same kid!  

So it was great that I not only knew the bride, but I sort of knew the groom too. :D  I was a bit nervous because this was the first non-LDS wedding I had been to.  I didn't want to do something wrong or mess something up.  I wanted to take pictures, but wasn't sure if that was allowed.  But I saw others doing it, so I snapped a couple too.  They aren't the best because I didn't want the flash to bother people.  But it kind of shows the general idea of the chapel and the wedding party.
It was a nice ceremony and I was so happy to be there to support them.  While they were taking pictures inside with the photographer, the rest of us waited outside.  I took some pictures with my family.  Oh!  The wedding was held on the Air Force Academy in Colorado Springs.  They have a really cool chapel on the campus and that's where the ceremony took place.
Finally they emerged--as the new Mr. and Mrs. Spencer Malona!
Here are a few pictures from the day.
That evening the reception was held at an art gallery down town.
Glenn was so excited that there were other kids for him to play with.  He had been so good sitting in the chapel and being dragged here and there for other occasions.  But he sure had fun with these other kids during the reception.
First dance...
Father/Daughter dance...
Priscilla was a beautiful bride and I was so happy that I was able to make it to her wedding.  I am grateful for good friends who stay good friends throughout the years.  As I watched Spencer and Priscilla throughout the night, I could see the love he had for her.  I was so happy for that because I have seen some of the guys she dated and they just didn't treat her well and appreciate her for who she was.  I am so happy that she found a man who will love her and take care of her.
Congratulations Priscilla and Spencer!!

No comments: