Thursday, November 6, 2014

Logan, Utah

Wednesday September 3rd Glenn and I took a drive to northern Utah to spend some time with our best friends the Jardines.  They had recently moved to Logan and we were excited to see them!
On our drive, we took a short stop in Brigham City to see the new temple there.
It is a beautiful temple with beautiful grounds.
Across the street is the old tabernacle.  It too is a beautiful building, although it is much older than the temple.  
Then we drove the rest of the way, again listening to books on CD--this time it was a new children's series called The Secrets of Droon.  We loved spending time with our friends.  Lorenzo and Glenn instantly started playing and having a blast.  And I don't think I could ever talk enough with Emmeline.  
We spent all day there and even had a sleepover.  
The boys had fun playing a video game together.
And striking poses for the camera!
The next morning we had breakfast with them walked Lorenzo to the bus stop--he is in Kindergarten.  We knew we needed to be back to take my mom somewhere--we were using her car--but it was so hard to say good-bye.  We ended up talking until Lorenzo was home from school.  So we took a few more pictures together and then said good-bye.  
On our way out, we drove past the Logan LDS Temple so I could get a picture of it as well.  

So glad we were able to visit with them, even though it wasn't long enough.  And I'm grateful for all the beautiful temples that are so close in Utah!  One day I'll be able to say I've been to all of them!!

No comments: