Just a few more pictures from September.
One day when Glenn and I were with my parents in Utah, we played a game called Carcassonne with my mom. She has a really big set--so lots of tiles. It was a lot of fun! And Glenn beat us!
He got 197! Mom and I didn't get that much...:D
Glenn and I had plans to leave Utah around 7:00am, so we had to be at the airport kind of early. Traffic was fine, getting through security was fine, boarding the plane was fine. We were on the runway waiting for our turn to take-off. Then the pilot got on the intercom and said that we had to turn back because all flights into and out of Denver were not happening.
Um, okay. Now what?
So they let us off the plane. I was called to a service desk and told that we had been rerouted to Austin through Las Vegas. But the flight wasn't leaving until 10:55am. And instead of arriving home around 12:30, we'd arrive after 4:00pm.
Okay, well that happens, right? Right. So we were okay with it--I was glad that I had packed some food with us. The thing I was worried about was how to communicate this to Paul. Remember how I don't have a cell phone? Well, I don't. I asked the lady at the service desk if they had pay phone anymore. haha-nope! But she was kind enough to lend me hers to use. So I called Paul to let him know about the change in plans.
We did get to take a picture with the pilot as we said good-bye off the first plane.
So yeah, we arrived home after 4:00pm in Austin, waited for Paul who was stuck in traffic, and again we had no way of communicating with each other. So I again asked a nice stranger if I could borrow her phone. And since traffic was still pretty bad, we decided to go to a Brazilian restaurant that was somewhat close to the airport--or at least in the direction that fewer cars were traveling in.
It was kind of like what Paul had on his mission, but obviously done here in the U.S. and a bit fancier. It was good food.
Speaking of food, sometimes our funniest moments and Glenn's silliest times are with food. He loves to play with his food and make silly faces.
These last pictures show more of Glenn's silliness. I just love the way he is!
He got a bouncy ball and was rolling it around in the tub...and having so much fun!
And one more of Glenn reading. I love that when he sees a book he is instantly drawn to it and is curious about it. I think in his picture he is reading Fantastic Mr. Fox by Roald Dahl.

No comments:
Post a Comment