Even though we have a grocery store close by, it is pretty small and quite expensive actually. So we were looking at trying out other grocery stores nearby or online. We heard from others that the other stores, while having a bigger selection, are still expensive and harder to get to and from, especially with bags full of food. We tried out the Wal-mart.com website but was declined because we had an American billing address for our credit card. So we tried again, this time we put in our Canadian address because we changed the billing address. It was declined again. We figured they wanted a Canadian-issued credit card. That we don't have. And we don't want to get one just so we can get groceries from Wal-mart.
So we had to find something else. Thankfully Paul found one that delivers Costco food to downtown apartments. You don't have to have a Costco membership and they can deliver the same day if you get the order in before noon!
We gave that a try, but I was just waiting for an email that said we were declined. So I was definitely happy and surprised when I got a knock on the door that evening from the delivery guy!
He brought in so much food--because I ordered so much food! 😉
Seeing all this food made us all so happy and excited! I don't know if it's because of the cold or what, but we've all felt hungrier than usual. I have a good excuse, being pregnant, but I guess the others were feeling it too.
We got a box that held many of the items, so Glenn put Sarah in it to give her a ride around the apartment. He is such a good big brother! Sarah loves him so much!



1 comment:
It's always nice to get lots of food when your supply has been scarce. What a great brother you are, Glenn!
Post a Comment