Thursday, October 25, 2012

Cox Farms

On Tuesday we went on another field trip with our Joy School group (plus another Mom and her son).  We went out to Cox Farms--just about 20 or so minutes from where we live.
We paid $9 for each person 3 and above, and I thought it was kind of expensive.  But once inside I realized that it was a good price!  The place was big and had several activities for the kids.


We started the day off with a big group picture in front of the prize-winning pumpkin, which was 452 lbs!
 Jacob. Ashleigh. Samuel. Reagan. Norah. Emma. Ivan. Glenn.

Glenn liked seeing this huge watermelon.  I wonder how good these big melons taste...?
I miss watermelon already...

The first thing we did was take a hay ride.  We literally sat on the hat--not just hay barrels, but just hay.  
The kids really liked that.
 Samuel. Nora. Reagan.
 Rashelle. Jacob.
 Glenn. Me.
 Norah. Lauren. Ivan.
(Sorry I missed taking a picture of Amber and her kids.  It was her first outing with her new son, John and her other two girls.  I had fun helping them go down slides and such while Amber watched the strollers and bags.  It was a good sort of system.)
This was one of the signs on the hay ride.  They had all kinds of fun characters and decorations set up.  It was about 20 minutes, I'd say.  It was great!
Glenn was so funny.  He kept putting up his hands and say, "Ah!"  No one told him to do that, and he wasn't really scared--he was just being silly!

 The first slide the kids wanted to go down was the Volcano Slide.  The kids loved it and went down several times.  The rest of the Moms tried it as well, except Amber, and we were surprised at how fast we went!  
Glenn however went down kind of slow.  I wonder if it was his jeans or something...

Then we got to go see the goats.  We got to walk around among them, and it was fun.  They'd get so excited to see if you had any food...and then when we didn't, they's run away.  They had the cutest little babies too!
 Haha!  Glenn and Ivan are for sale, I guess!

We ate lunch and let the kids go down another slide called the Miner's Slide.
That one was fun as well because of the fun sound you got to make as you go down.

We found some fun things to play in and on while we waited for the cow-milking to begin.  
Little baby ducks and chicks!
And of course a train!

Then we waited in a long for a chance to milk a cow!

Glenn found a pirate ship to play on and he wanted to play there forever!
After all of our other friends left, we stayed and played there longer.
Then we went on the dinosaur slide again.  This was the best one!  It was a lot of fun!  I forgot to take a picture of the actual slide, but it had several little humps and it was so fun!  Glenn and I really liked going down it together.
 And this house was right near the farm.  I saw it when we drove there and made sure I took a picture of it on the way home.  So I did.  It's huge!

No comments: