Sunday, October 21, 2012

Joy School Field Trip

The first week of October Glenn's Joy School class went on a field trip to the Kidwell Farm, or Frying Pan Farm Park.  I went along to help and to be the photographer.
Norah. Emma. (Samuel). Reagan. Glenn.

At first we had them hold onto this rope, but we figured they were listening well and so we wanted them to have some freedom as to where they went and such.
Checking out the cows...
 ...and pigs...
 ...the goats...
 ...the bunnies...
 ...and the chickens.
I think the kids liked the chickens the best.  They spent a lot of time there, talking to them and laughing.

Poor Norah didn't like the smell of the animals...most of the time she held her nose and stayed back.

 And no trip to this park can be complete without playing on the tractors!
 Reagan.
 Norah.
 Emma.
 Glenn.
Samuel.
(His mom was teaching this month, so he got to come along too.)
The color of the day was GREEN.  So the kids were finding green things all over.
 
 Then it was snack time.

 Some birds perched on the roof of the barn.  The kids really liked that and thought it was funny.  I wish I had gotten a picture when they all flew off--that was pretty cool!

 We then let them run around and play.  They played Tag, and Red Light/Green Light.
 They found this bench and all sat down...Norah spotted me from across the field taking their picture.
They sure are cute kids and have become such good little buddies!


1 comment:

Nora said...

I love your posts! I think i might just post a link to your blog from mine b/c you do a better job of documenting the fun things our boys are doing. We're so lucky to have Glenn and you and Paul as friends!!!!