We have had a lot of fun with our Virginia friends lately. We sure are blessed to have such wonderful people surrounding us. Glenn loves having friends.
The other day though he came up to me, with a few tears in his eyes. I asked what was wrong and he said, "I miss my cousins."
I know he misses his cousins in Utah and elsewhere, but I also know that he is having lots of fun here too!
Glenn. Samuel. Reagan.
One day when these boys were over, Samuel saw our jars of peaches on the shelf. He brought it over to me and said, "Fruit, fruit, fruit." This kid is always hungry and so we had a little snack. These boys ate the entire jar! We only have two more jars left...we miss our peach tree!
We are within easy walking distance of the local mall here. Since Melanie doesn't have a car during the day, she likes to walk there and get a coffee and walk around. One day we joined them, and when I told her that we don't drink coffee, she suggested we get ice cream instead. We got some ice cream of Chick-fil-A.
Maya. Glenn.
Woah! I didn't realize how huge their ice cream cones were! Glenn and I had fun, and of course, got a little messy eating the yummy treat.
At one end of the food court they have a carousel and both kids were very eager to have a ride. Glenn wanted 5 rides--5 is his favorite number these days. But we only went one time. He enjoyed it too.
Here is Maya in one of the slides at the park. I wish I had taken a picture when she had both feet sticking out of the little holes! It sure was cute!
Glenn likes to get in there and pretend that he is flying in an airplane. His usual destinations and to Utah and Virginia. : D
And here's Glenn with his best buddy Reagan again. They were playing after watching one of class members get baptized. They are blurry because those boys sure do run and play fast!
And Samuel. Cute kid!
Glenn has been having fun with some odd toys lately. We ordered a bike rack for our car and it came in this big box. It became an instant fun house!
Glenn and Maya pretended that it was their house, and also a hospital. Pretty cute!
And of course the box stuffing was fun too!
Glenn pretended it was a big huge snack, curling around him.
It's nice when we can find fun all around us!
1 comment:
Sure do miss you guys - I'm glad you are meeting and hanging out with a lot of new friends! Give Glenn a big hug from Grandma Esther!
Post a Comment