Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Family Get Together (First of Many)

After our short stay in the Staybridge, Glenn and I flew out to Utah on Saturday May 18th.  Paul "moved" into an apartment here in Austin that same day.  Before we left for Spain--back in March--I met a sister from one of the wards here in Austin.  She had asked if there was anything she could help us with.  I had mentioned that we needed a place to stay during the summer months here in Austin because we would be heading back to Spain.  She talked with a girl and found out that they were looking for someone to take over their apartment lease during the summer.  Perfect!  The timing was so perfect for both of us that we knew it was an answer to both of our prayers!  So that Saturday, Paul moved into their apartment--with their things so we didn't have to take stuff out of storage--and Glenn and I went to Utah.  We had had renters in our Lehi house when we moved to Virginia and then to Texas.  They had moved out in April and I went to Utah to get the house ready to sell.  We didn't really like being landlords, especially from so far away.  And we figured that we wouldn't be moving back, and so the best thing was to sell the home and let another family create wonderful memories there.

That first Sunday that we were in Utah we had a family get together on my Dad's side.  While the adults were eating and visiting, the kids were finding costumes and dressing up.  
They sure were cute!
 Kenzie. Devin. Glenn.

It had been awhile since I took a picture with all of my sisters and I thought it would be fun to have a recent one of us all.  While we were fluffling our hair and making sure we didn't have food in our teeth, Dad decided to take our picture...
...yep, it was of our feet!  Silly Dad!
Maren. Kirsta. Me. Sirie.

So later on I decided to get back at him. :D

3 comments:

Esther/Mom/Grandma said...

Silly photographers! Cute pics...

Kirsta and Morian said...

I look a little chubby in the face...not cool!

Esther/Mom/Grandma said...

4/1/2014 - I was thinking that I don't remember this - that's because I was at home becaue of my shoulder/clavicle injury - me and my clumsiness! Looks like you all had a good time! Wish I had been there!