Sunday, March 23, 2014

The Lehi House Part 1: The Upstairs and Garage

Next I ventured inside.  I was slightly hopeful that I wouldn't have to do a ton of cleaning, because the renters had said they hired professional cleaners.  Even from looking at the door, I saw that either they lied to us, or the cleaners came and couldn't get in.  Or the cleaners came and saw how gross it was and decided to not even try.  We didn't contact the renters to find out either way, so we don't know the reason.  But from that first step I knew I would be in Utah a lot longer than I or Paul had thought. :(
The door was all beat up--scuffed, dented, paint chipped.

The entry had a big glob of something on the floor.  And food or some other kind of splatter on the wall.

 And I'm pretty sure you can tell exactly where the furniture had been in the front room.

The bathroom could've been a lot worse.  I feared the toilets, but they weren't horrible.  The drawers and floor and walls were another story.  Oh, and they totally took off and probably lost the handle covers and the sink plug.  And yep, that's a die in the sink.  When we finally took off the tubing under the sink to get it out, we not only got the die, but toothpaste caps, hair pins, Lego's, and an entire toothbrush!  Seriously!

The master bedroom carpet also made it pretty clear where the bed had been.  The walls had chipped paint and gunk all over them too.
The hall closet had stuff just left in it.
And the other two bedrooms both had gross carpet, marker and other stains on the carpet, grime and spills on the walls, and no closet doors--thankfully they were just in the garage and not completely gone!

The dining room and kitchen area...oh boy, where do I start?  
Not only was stuff just left there--aka their trash--but the walls were scuffed, smudged with all kinds of marks, the bar stools were no longer there, the ceiling fan which they put in was completely disgusting.  (And the light fixture they had taken out was nowhere to be seen.  The new light they put in the kitchen was nice, but not put in correctly, and the old one was thrown in the garage.)  The fridge was moldy and had broken pieces.  The oven looked like it had never been cleaned.  The microwave door was also broken and was pretty dirty.  The walls had many nail holes in it and food splatters everywhere.  The cupboards were all loose on their hinges and spills in each. and. every. drawer.  They were grimy and all around gross, covered in grease and food and paint.  The brand new dishwasher didn't look brand new anymore.  Both the fridge and the oven had so much junk and dirt and food under them.  
And guess what else was underneath the oven?!
Yep, that would be a tablet--underneath the oven!

The fridge and oven weren't the only places where things were hidden.  
Nope.  
We found all kinds of junk stuffed down inside the vents.

And one last place before heading downstairs: the garage.
The door leading out to the garage was absolutely filthy!  
The steps were absolutely filthy!
The floor was absolutely filthy!  
And of course they left a bunch of junk and broken things for us to deal with.

By this point in my tour of my once precious and beloved and clean home, I was feeling several emotions.  I could not belief my eyes and what had happened to this home.  

1 comment:

Kirsta and Morian said...

Every time I hear about how they left your house, I wanna find them and kick them. Seriously.