Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Softball

On Wednesday May 22nd, my sister Kirsta's ward was getting together to play softball: the women verses the young women.  She invited Maren and I to come play with her.  It had been so long since I played and I was so excited to get out there on the field again!

When we were younger we played softball a lot.  We were some of the most experienced players out there and Kirsta's ward was happy to have us there to play.  Mom was there with Glenn to cheer us on--and to take some pictures.

 I was playing second base at first--a position I played when I was younger.
 Maren played first base.
 Kirsta was on third.
 Then Maren pitched and Kirsta went to short stop.
 Then I pitched and Kirsta played catcher.  It was so fun!  I had been a pitcher when I was younger as well and I really enjoyed that position.  
It also felt so good to swing the bat and make contact with the ball.  
Such a fun sport!

Glenn had fun playing around on the stands and running around with the other little kids.

2 comments:

Esther/Mom/Grandma said...

It was fun to watch you girls playing softball again! I'm glad you had the chance to do this together!

Kirsta and Morian said...

I'm glad you guys were able to come play (and watch!). I miss playing sports together!