Sunday, October 25, 2015

Martial Arts Trial Week

The last week of May Glenn had a free trial week at a martial arts studio.  Some people from our church have been going there for a long time and they told our good friends, the Denson's about the free trial week.  Erin Denson knew I wanted to get Glenn involved in some things, so she told us about it.  After pulling up and getting out of the car, before we went inside, Glenn hesitated.  He was nervous about it and wasn't sure if he was going to like it.  I told him that it would be okay and to just give it a try.  If he didn't like it, then we wouldn't continue.  We had just finished listening to James and the Giant Peach on audio book.  I asked Glenn, "Do you think if James had been afraid to climb into the peach if he would've had his great adventure?"  He said no, grabbed my hand and walked into the studio.  I love my little boy!
He was excited to see his friends, Matthew and Seth, and that helped him get over his nerves.  Then during a warm-up run he kind of stepped funny and that made him kind of scared.  He sat with me until he was ready to go back out again.  The instructor, Master Kevin said he could join at any time.  After calming down, he decided to join.  And he had a BLAST!
Glenn got to do some kicks and punches.  He also got to play some games against his friends.  He loved it!  They all had a fun time.
From the beginning Glenn learned to follow the directions really well.  He would bow and say "yes sir" when Master Kevin spoke.
The next day when Glenn woke up he asked what time martial arts was.  I told him 5:15 and he said, "What am I going to do all day?!"  He obviously really enjoyed it and couldn't wait until he could go again.  So we went again that day and he had a good time.  I loved watching him enjoy it.
So when our free trial week was up, we decided to join!  

No comments: