Monday, April 18, 2016

December Happenings

Like most years, December was pretty busy.  I had to continually take hormone medication and go in to the lab every few days to see how my levels were doing.  We continued to settle into our home, rearranging furniture and organizing our things.  We had little get togethers and play dates and the usual Christmas and end-of-the-year things.

Glenn sure is growing up!  I can't believe how grown-up he looks!  He isn't my little boy anymore!

We hosted a game night with some friends and when our friends put their little boy in his pajamas, Glenn rushed upstairs to put on his--they had matching pajamas!  So of course we wanted to take pictures!  Two cute boys in cute, comfy pajamas!

In early December, Glenn's team was invited to play in a tournament after the regular season.  Paul got these great action shots of Glenn.  Even after only one season he really improved a lot!  It was fun to see him progress and improve.  We are another generation of a soccer family!
Of course Glenn got another Little Passport in the mail.  This time Sam and Sophia went to Australia. 
Have I mentioned how much we love the library?  We go there every week--and sometimes we go to more than one library a week!  We found several Christmas/December stories and had a lot of fun reading different stories from around the world.
Glenn liked opening a door every day in the advent calendar.  He got several mini-figures for his LEGO sets and some candy too.
After Christmas--I'll write about that next--Paul and I went on a double date with my sister Kirsta and her hubby Morian.  We ate at a local restaurant called Verts Kebap, and then saw the new Star Wars movie.  My mom was home with the kids and it was nice to get out just as adults
My sister is also pregnant--due at the end of January--so we got to take a sister pregnancy picture.  By this time I was 21 weeks--so just barely over half-way.  It was fun to be pregnant together.  It will be nice to have our kids close together.  I was afraid that we'd have this lonely grandchild with no cousins similar in age, but that isn't the case!  Her little boy and our little girl will be just a few month apart!

1 comment:

Esther/Mom/Grandma said...

Fun to see Glenn playing soccer - I still to this day do not understand who does what in a soccer game. I need to read up about it so I can follow it better....