Sunday, April 10, 2011

Indoor Fun

So here it is the second week of April, and it is still cold and snowy!  That reminded me of some things that we did this winter to keep Glenn entertained and all of us sane! :D


Play Dates with Family and Friends
 

 Back when Paul had a job, we set up play dates with some good friends of ours.  It worked out perfectly because our husbands worked close to each other.  One time I took Paul to work, then drove to her house and we played all day.  Then her husband picked up Paul and joined us.  The next time, she took her husband to work and came over here.  Then the guys joined us for dinner and games.  It has been a really fun thing for all of us!  Glenn and Lorenzo play pretty well together.  They have moments...but it's just that age.  And it is fun to watch them grow up together!
 General Conference weekend Kirsta invited us to watch the sessions at her house.  Aunt Sirie came as well, and the boys had fun playing with her.  They played very well together!  They ran around, they laughed, they read books, they played with balls and trucks!  They really had fun!!
 

Dress Up
 
 It's amazing how much fun these glasses and necklaces have been!  I remember when I got them too--it was my 20th birthday...my sisters/roommates/friends had a tradition of getting things for the "birthday girl" to wear.  And they gave me these necklaces and the glasses.  I had to wear them all day--no matter where they took me.  I remember going to a video rental store and some guy asked if I had lost a bet...nope-just my birthday!  I'm glad I kept them--the kids sure love them!
 
 

 Glenn also likes to wear things he finds around the house:  string, rubber bands, watches, etc.
 

 Here Glenn is sporting a homemade cape.  I am in the process of making a t-shirt blanket.  I cut the front logo/picture off and was left with the collar and the back of the shirt.  Glenn and I had fun running around with them on.  What a fun idea!  (I actually got the idea from my friend--she had made one for Lorenzo!  SO smart and easy and free!)
 I went through our coat closet the other day and decided to put some winter items away--it wasn't because the weather was getting nicer, it was really a plea to Mother Nature...we are ready for Spring!!
 Glenn saw a pile of his clothes and decided to put on another pair of pants...he is really good too.  He can put his own shoes on!  He loves to try--he can get frustrated easily sometimes, but other times he tries and tries and is successful! 
 
 And of course, Glenn loves this hat.  We bought it for the Cutest Baby contest last year...and he finds it periodically and likes to wear it.  He also likes to put it on us.

Animal Love
Glenn loves his stuffed animals..and his blankets!  Here are a few snapshots of him playing with some of his favorite things.
 
 
 Our neighbors have a cat...and sometimes he likes to visit us.  Glenn LOVED it! Chewy liked being inside as well.  And he is so good with kids.  I never worry about him biting or scratching Glenn.
 
 
 Lately Glenn likes to wrap his blankets around himself and prance around, I guess.  He loves his little "kitty", even though it is actually a leopard.  Don't tell him though--he loves it as a kitty!
 

 Truck Time

 Little Jasper got a truck for his birthday.  Glenn wanted to show Jasper what to do.  He then was really sweet to give Jasper a ride.  He had fun pushing Jasper and the other trucks.
 Glenn loves trucks!  Any vehicle is a truck in his eyes.  He likes to line them up and then push them around, driving them on us and all over himself too!
 When we were in St. George, we went to dinner and found this old fire truck.  Glenn was so excited!  He loved climbing in it and playing with the wheel.  Cousin Eden was with us too.
 
 

Paper Towel Towers

Glenn likes to help in the kitchen..so I try to find things for him to do.  He likes building paper towel towers and knock them over.  Easy fun!

Marble Wonders

 Last summer we found these marble works at a garage sale.  Paul wanted to get them "for Glenn."  Yeah right. ;)  He likes to play with them just as much as Glenn!  It's a good father-son activity.  Paul makes cool tracks and Glenn will play with it for hours!

Homemade Slide
We got this good idea from some friends of ours.  It's a folding table with one set of legs up and the others folded under.  We then squished it between the wall and the couch and put up a chair for him to climb up.  He has had a lot of fun with this!  We've had some neighbors over and they like it as well.
 
 
 

Bowling
Glenn got this bowling set from Uncle Ethan and Aunt Lena.  We had tried it a couple of times, but he didn't really know what to do.  Sometimes when we would knock the pins over he would get kind of upset--he likes things neat and orderly, like his momma!  We had to explain to him that that was the point of bowling.  I think he gets it now. :D

Music/Dance Time
Glenn loves music too.  We had found some fun toys at garage sales.

And I just went through and found several videos that I just love!  Sorry this post is getting SUPER long, but at least I'm getting caught up.  Enjoy!
This next one was of Glenn dancing to some music.  We were watching a slide show of China pictures that someone from our tour group made.

This one shows Glenn being a boy!  He found he could do this on his own.  Funny kid!

One evening Glenn picked up my water bottle and Paul made music with his mouth...and this is what Glenn did!  He's a natural!

These next two are from General Conference weekend.  Kirsta is singing and I'm filming.  Aren't these boys so cute?!  (I like how the second one ends--Glenn is so funny!)

2 comments:

Esther/Mom/Grandma said...

Oh, you made my day! It was so fun looking at these pictures and videos! It helps me to know them better and feel like I'm there more often! I need to come visit more! Hugs and kisses to everyone.

Kirsta and Morian said...

I love it! Glenn is a crack-up! And when you get him and Devin together...watch out!