Friday, April 8, 2011

Our Little Helper

Glenn loves to help.  When he sees Paul or I doing something, he wants to help.  I haven't gotten a picture of this one yet--last week was the perfect time, but the camera wasn't close at hand.  Friday is garbage day here at our house.  Glenn gets really excited about it too.  If we say the words "trash" or "garbage", he runs around the house saying "trash" and finding all the trash cans.  He then wants to hold the bags and put them in the big can outside.  He has so much fun!  
Another one that I don't have physical proof yet is he likes to help me with laundry.  If he sees me taking clothes towards the laundry shoot upstairs, he extends his hands, telling me that he wants to throw them down.  So all I need to do is make a pile in front of him and he will send them on down!  Then once we head downstairs, he pulls them from the shoot, and puts them into different hampers.  Sometimes he is pretty good about sorting the different colors.  Then when I tell him which one we will be washing, he takes the hamper to the washing machine and starts to load them in!  It really is so wonderful!  I love that he wants to help.  He does a good job as well!
Glenn also likes to help with meals-dinner time especially.  He wants to stir the noodles, and mix the sauce.  He also likes to sample the cheese after we have grated it!  He is just like his daddy--they both LOVE cheese!  Glenn likes to measure out flour and sugar.  That can get a little bit messy, but never fear--he likes to clean up too!  If he makes a mess, he finds a wipe and begins to clean away.  
As I write this, it makes me realize that I need to take pictures of all of these things!  I do have pictures of other times that he helps.  Here they are!

Raking the leaves
 
 
You may not be able to tell just yet, but Glenn also helped spread the leaves around again.  He had fun raking (or sweeping) them into a pile, then he liked running into it and kicking it around and flinging the leaves.  I thought how interesting it was that I didn't have to show him--he just knew that that's what you do in a pile of leaves!  Kids will be kids! : D

Shoveling Snow
 
Almost every time it snowed, Glenn found his little "shovel" and came out to help Paul and/or myself in shoveling.  He loves being outside and helping.

2 comments:

Esther/Mom/Grandma said...

I'm so glad Glenn likes to help out - be sure to continue to praise him as he does, and hopefully he will stay that way!

Megan said...

So cute! What a good helper. It seems they love to help when they can't actually help and then when they get older and could actually help, they have lost interest. lol. Oh well.