Conference Weekend
At the beginning of this month, we went to Kirsta's house for the Saturday sessions of General Conference. Kirsta made some delicious caramel French toast. It called for Texas Toast bread, but since she didn't have any, she used regular slices. I can see why they call for thicker bread. It was good though!
Cheryl gave us a ton of oranges from her CA home. Thankfully we have a juicer--and Paul made some delicious fresh-squeezed orange juice. Doesn't he look cute in that apron?! ;)
Little Helper
Remember how I mentioned that Glenn was a good helper with the laundry and the trash? Well I finally got picture to prove it.
He really is a great helper around the house!
Groceries
I know some of you have heard about ways Paul and I have saved on groceries. But I want to mention it here--just so everyone can know! For about a year and a half now we have been getting copies of the Sunday paper to get the coupon inserts. We use a website called: http://savvyshopperdeals.com It is an excellent website to help you find the best price of the things you buy! She does all the work and lets you know whether it is a 'Good', 'Great', or 'Wow' price. It is so helpful and I love using it to save on groceries and other household items. You should check it out!
Another website that we have been using for about a month now is called http://www.bountifulbaskets.org We get our produce from them and it is so cheap! See this picture...
We paid $16.50 and got all of that!
We get all kinds of fruit and vegetables and it has been really enjoyable. They also have other items that you can get, but we haven't tried that yet. A friend of mine who does this as well priced this at a local grocery store. It was near $40 worth of food. And we got it for less than half that! So check it out and see if they have a location near you! It is great!!
Fun and Games
For Paul's birthday we bought a game called Factory Fun. He loves this game! He usually beats me at it too--he usually beats me at most games, but that's besides the point. Well we were playing this game a week or so ago with some friends. I couldn't believe how well I was doing. I took a picture of it at the end because I totally dominated! I have never done so well--and probably never will again. But it sure was fun!
(I only used 6 pipes the whole game--and that is incredible!)
Glenn loves to play with balloons--he even likes to blow on them and make funny noises.
I brought out my Russian doll and he has had a lot of fun stacking them over and over! It's great in the diaper bag--several toys, but they all fit in one!
We had some dice sitting around for awhile just on our table--we were constantly playing Zonk. Glenn liked to roll the dice as well. He now says "dice" all the time.
Here Glenn is playing Peek-a-Boo with my Grandma Thibault. We go over to record their personal histories and that has been a lot of fun. Glenn loves to play peek-a-boo and whenever he sees her, he says, "peeta boo!" It sure is cute!
A Visit from Matt, Clarisse and Evelyn
Paul was having some issues with the bike he bought awhile back, and since Matt knows a few things about bikes, we invited them over to help us. Matt was great and got Paul's bike in working order. Glenn and I enjoyed visiting with Clarisse and Evelyn. We enjoyed the grass and being outside. Evelyn liked the feeling of it. She sure looked cute in that hat!
(I like this picture especially!)
They even stayed for dinner. Paul made some delicious cooked veggies--from our Bountiful Basket!
My sister Sirie was also in the process of moving in with us, so she was there at dinner too. It was great. We weren't expecting to have anyone over for dinner, but it was nice having the company.
Next I will blog about Glenn's head!
3 comments:
I love long posts with lots of pictures - yeah!
You need to try Bountiful Baskets tropical granola. I could eat the whole thing in one sitting - SO GOOD!
LOL I didn't know you did BB! Did you know that it's my family's produce company that supplies the produce? :) And that is so crazy about Glenn's poor little head! I'm so so glad everything is ok!! That could have been so much worse.. That cute little bump gives him character.
Post a Comment