Sunday, November 4, 2012

Happy Halloween!

Last year I picked up some Halloween decorations after Halloween for a really good price.  I was excited to get them out this year and out them up.  Glenn too was excited to help decorate!
We had a lot of fun putting them up and enjoyed them the entire month of October!
 Grandma Esther gave Glenn this cute Halloween card.  I kept it with our decorations when I put them away because I want to put it up again next year--maybe in a cute frame or something.

The night before Halloween we decided to carve the small pumpkins Glenn and I got from Cox Farms.  Paul had a hard time with one of them, so after struggling to get the top off, he decided that we'd only carve one of them.  
(Can you tell that it's a heart-shape?)

Paul asked Glenn what he wanted to do with the other one:
Eat it!
So we did!
We stuck it in some boiling water, let it get soft and then ate it.  We put some brown sugar on it and it was really good.  I had never eaten pumpkin before like that--thanks for the good suggestion Glenn!

We also had fun playing with those funny lips Glenn got from Maya and Melanie.

We made plans to go trick-or-treating with our good friends the Disners.  She picked us up in her mini-van and we went to the mall.  I had seen a flyer about a Rocknoceros concert going on for Halloween and then trick-or-treating at the stores.  We thought that sounded like a good idea.
Well apparently so did hundreds of other moms and dads!  The place was packed!  
We ate some dinner there first...
 (Reagan as Captain America. Glenn as Tigger.  Samuel as The Hulk.)
 ...then listened to the two songs they played...
 (Glenn wanted to go down for one of the songs...it was easy to pick him out of the crowd with his bright costume on!)
 ...and then tried to get candy from the stores.  Only some of the stores had candy and they weren't really prepared for this many.  They should've had a direction to go in and signs on the front saying whether or not they were participating.
So after going down one little wing we decided to quit.  Some friends from Church had mentioned their neighborhood was really good for the kids.  So we piled back in the van and headed there.  
It was great!  Few cars, the homes were close together and few other kids.  The people home were excited to have kids coming to their doors and the kids had fun getting candy.  
(Just about every home had a dog--and the kids loved petting them!  The dogs loved it too!)
We ran into our friends who suggested we go there, so that was fun too!
(Glenn.Reagan.Nathan as Thomas.)
We went up and down one little street and figured that was enough.  The kids got plenty of candy and we were all tired and cold.  
We had a fun night!

Glenn got to wear his Halloween pj's I found at a garage sale here!
Happy Halloween!

1 comment:

Esther/Mom/Grandma said...

What a fun Halloween! Cute window clings and decorations - and cute Glenn!