Sunday, November 4, 2012

Joy School Party

Due to the treat of Hurricane Sandy, the schools were out until Wednesday, the government workers--and probably most other workers too--had Monday and Tuesday off, and so we canceled Joy School on Tuesday.  It was supposed to be my first time teaching and we were supposed to have a Halloween party.  The kids had learned some songs and were going to give a little program for their moms and siblings.  So we decided to combine the lessons and Halloween party for the Thursday class.  So my first time teaching was a bit crazy because I had to fit a lot in, or at least I couldn't follow the lesson plan because I was combining lessons.  But it went well anyway.  The kids had fun doing the program--one of the moms recorded their songs, I believe.  I should get the video from her.  
So the kids got to wear their costumes one more time.  We also had some fun treats.  Glenn and I bought some cookies and Norah's mom made fingers.  They looked pretty real!  And they tasted good too!
I wish I had gotten a picture with all of them, but I was pretty busy doing the program and such.  But I know they had a fun time, and really isn't that what matters?
But we sure had fun with extending Halloween one more day!

No comments: