Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Paul's Birthday

Paul's birthday was a great one this year!  We had a great surprise for him too...
Cheryl and I talked on the phone--before Thanksgiving--and worked out that she would come out to visit us on Paul's birthday and stay for about a week.  I was really excited and did my best to keep it a secret from Paul.  He did well not to ask too many questions...
Originally he was going to work on his birthday, so I would be able to pick Cheryl up from the airport, then swing by his work and surprise him.  But because he was given Christmas Eve off--which was his regular day off anyway--he got to choose another day to take off.  So he chose his birthday.
Now what was I to say when I went to pick Cheryl up at 6:30 in the morning?!  Um, I'm getting something for your birthday... : D
So that's what I said.

I picked her up and then we came home.  Paul was up--because his body was used to being up that early for work.  When he saw Cheryl he said, "What are you doing here?!"  What a great surprise!

After breakfast of French toast, Cheryl took a much needed nap while Paul, Glenn and I went to Sport Bounce.  When we got back, we made BLT's for lunch.  Then we dropped Glenn off at the Disner's while we went to see The Hobbit in 3D!

After that, we drove out to Leesburg to eat at Doner Bistro.  That's where we went with our German friend Melanie.  Once again we were so pleased with the food--so yummy!

We picked up a few different kinds of cheesecake from The Cheesecake Factory and then went home to open presents.  
It was a very "Dominion" birthday and Christmas for Paul this year.  Between the two, he got 3 more expansions!  And that is basically all we played while Cheryl was here.  We had a lot of fun trying out the new cards and mixing them in with the ones we already had.

Happy Birthday Paul!!  We love you!

1 comment:

Esther/Mom/Grandma said...

I love Glenn's singing Happy Birthday to Paul!