April 8th had started out just like any other day here in Spain. That evening after work we ate dinner and then had FHE. We then watched Despicable Me, which we borrowed from our friends. Glenn loved it, by the way. It is funny to watch a funny movie with a child--to see which parts he thinks are funny.
Anyway, while we were watching the movie we had heard a siren on our street. I remember thinking that it sounded really close and how that was kind of strange. There is a much larger street parallel to ours so we can usually hear the sirens, but they are usually on the other street.
Well after the movie I saw a bright light and so I looked out the window to see what that was...little did we know what was going on right outside our window! We saw several fire trucks and police cars--all right outside our hotel.
Then we saw that the caution tape was attached to the front of our building!
What?!
What was going on! We opened the window and we could smell smoke. We couldn't see any flames and the firemen didn't seem to be working too hard. But they did keep going into the building. We didn't know what was going on. We weren't evacuated or anything. We looked into our hallway and we couldn't see anything wrong. I had thought about going downstairs to the office but didn't want to get in the way.
The next day Paul did ask what had happened. Apparently one of the heater/AC units in one of the rooms had caught fire. And that was the second one too! When we had come home on Easter Cheryl and I saw a firemen at the desk. I guess that one wasn't as big. But maybe the management company should be investing in some new heater/AC units. It might be something to look into...
1 comment:
Scary! I'm glad it wasn't yours that caught fire!
Post a Comment