Sunday, May 6, 2018

Cheryl's Visit, Day 4--Casa Loma

Saturday morning we headed to Casa Loma.  I realized when we got there that I forgot my phone at home.  :(  So I couldn't take pictures like I usually do at these places.  I used Paul's for a few pictures before it died, but they are sort of blurry and not very good.  (It is at the end of it's life and doesn't keep it's charge very long...)  So unfortunately I don't have many pictures of this amazing building in Toronto, but if you want to see what it looks like, then you should look it up on the internet.  It's really a gorgeous home!
This first picture is from the website--it didn't look this beautiful and green when we went, but it gives you a great idea of what it looks like.

Casa Loma was built for Sir Henry Pellatt.  He was a millionaire in Toronto and wanted a home to show his wealth.  It was a beautiful house! 
 Paul, Cheryl and Sarah in the grand hall, listening to the *free* audio guide.  
We liked the detail on the ceilings, the architecture around the house, and even in the decorations.  
Some of it was pretty gaudy though and not really our style.  But it's still amazing to see the handiwork of others, especially before power tools and other modern devices.


When we finished with the tour of the home, getting some pizzas from Pi Co along the way.  We then watched the second session of General Conference.  We unfortunately missed the first session in which the new Prophet and President was sustained:  
President Russell M. Nelson.  
We also got two new apostles:  Elders Gerrit W. Gong and Ulisses Soares.

We took a few pictures while we listened/watched.  Sarah and Glenn both liked playing games with Cheryl on her tablet too.
While I watching, Glenn wanted to lounge with me.  Then Sarah wanted to sit with us too.  It's getting harder because my pregnant belly is getting bigger.  But for a short time I let them sit on me.  And even though Sarah looks like she might be sad, she was actually laughing.
And that was the end of March!

No comments: