Saturday, October 12, 2013

Cannes, France

Thursday May 2 started out pretty nice for me.  Paul had woken up early to get me a couple presents for my birthday.  He got me caramels--I LOVE caramel!  He also got me a corsage.  (And of course he got all of us some yummy pastries for breakfast.)
After packing up, we left Nice...well it took us awhile because of all the traffic.  We thought we'd make an appearance in Cannes--to maybe see the theater where they have the film festival.  But once again the traffic was horrible!  Not only were there tons of cars on these small roads, but there was also some road construction.  We drove through part of the town, decided to forgo seeing the theater because we had other cities to get to.  But we did get a few pictures of Cannes.
 We saw the missionaries...
 A statue of Joan of Arc
We then saw some beautiful scenery.  
I love seeing the old buildings dotting the countryside.

1 comment:

Kirsta and Morian said...

It's so cool that you got to spend your birthday abroad! I'd like to do that someday!