Saturday, October 5, 2013

Italy

After our short visit to Monaco, we continued across country lines into Italy. 


We could tell a difference in the buildings as we crossed into Italy.  The buildings were a little more rundown than in Monaco.
We didn't go too far into the country, but we did because I wanted that for my birthday.  We were there the day before my birthday, but this was definitely my gift.  And I really wanted to have an authentic Italian meal.  I love Italian food!  We found a small pizzeria in the city of Ventimiglia, Italy.  My camera battery was dying...right as I was trying to get a picture of my Dad eating a meal in the country where he served his mission...so it's a little strange, but I have proof that we were there and we ate Italian pizza and pasta.
After dinner we spent some time out on the beach.  I was surprised at how rocky it was!  We thought it was so funny that people were lounging around on the rocks.  That just didn't seem very comfortable to me.  Anyway, we did have fun throwing rocks into the sea.  I think that was Glenn's favorite part.
We also enjoyed some gelato while we were there.  I didn't get any pictures...but I will say that Paul and Dad went back for seconds...and were very tempted to get a third bowl!  It sure was delicious!

2 comments:

Kirsta and Morian said...

Happy Birthday to you! ;) Who doesn't love a good rock throw into water?!

Julie L said...

That trip must have been a dream of a lifetime kind of trip! What a fun way to spend a birthday!