Monday, November 11, 2013

Consuegra

After leaving Toledo, we continued south, heading to Consuegra.  The only thing that we wanted to see there was the famous windmills from the famous novel Don Quixote by Cervantes.  I was afraid that we wouldn't see them with our late start, but actually we saw them just before the sun went down, and consequently a beautiful sunset was the background for many of our pictures.
(Please ignore the spots on some of the pictures...my camera has some dust in it and sometimes I just can't blend it into the scenery.)
 Glenn wanted to take my picture...
 ...and I wanted to take one of him. 
 It was windy up there, as you can see by Mom and I both trying to get our hair out of our faces.
 I loved the patchwork of the fields in the valley below.  It was so beautiful!
 And boys will be boys: Glenn and Paul just had to throw rocks off the top of the hill.
 I'm so glad we got to see these windmills before nighttime fell.  They were perfect.

1 comment:

Julie L said...

Oh, that is just so cool. Perfect lighting for a perfect location. what a fun vacation for all of you!