Monday May 13th we left Portugal and made our way back to Madrid. We had just one more stop. We stopped in Merida. It was a city founded by the Romans and so we wanted to see the ruins that were there.
There was only one problem--it was a holiday and so things were closed. :S So we had to peak through the fences. And even though we didn't get to go walk around them closer, we got some good views.
It was kind of strange to be walking around this almost empty city. There were few restaurants even open and getting lunch there was another thing that we had wanted to do. Thankfully there was a place open and we had a great meal there. I think that it was my second favorite meal--after the meal in Burgos.
And the last thing that I want to share about Merida was a toy that I saw in a shop window. I don't think we would see one like this in the USA. I know it's kind of hard to tell because of the glare on the glass, but it's a doll...with a cigarette in his mouth! Crazy, right?
No comments:
Post a Comment