Well we had quite the adventure after leaving Cordoba. We looked up directions to Granada because that was the next city on our trip. Thankfully we were ahead of schedule...because we went the WRONG WAY!
Yep. And we didn't realize it until after we had driven for awhile. Dad was driving; Paul had given him directions and then fallen asleep. Mom and I were kind of dozing in the back, but I remember seeing signs and wondering why Seville's name was on the list of cities...but I didn't want to be a backseat driver. We had had some problems with Mom and I making comments prior to this experience. But I kept having this feeling that we were going the wrong way. Dad kind of did too, but he ignored that thought until finally we were almost to Seville--which is totally the OPPOSITE DIRECTION as Granada! And if you remember from my previous posts, their freeways aren't set up like ours. They don't have easy turn arounds if you start going the wrong way. You have to just keep driving and driving until you can find one that will let you turn around. Well, about 10 miles out from Seville, there was a road that we could turn on that would then take us to Granada, so we took it. We were all kind of annoyed at this, but we couldn't do much about it. So we got an extra dose of the southern Spanish countryside. :D
No comments:
Post a Comment