After a few hours in Salamanca, we made our way to Avila.
Glenn and I had been there before with a tour group, but we wanted to show it to my parents. It is a pretty cool city with a great old city wall. We of course took a million pictures of said wall.
We just don't have stuff like that here in the USA.
We parked outside the city wall and found some cool old buildings on our way into the old city.
We entered by way of a different gate than I had with the tour group...
...but I was able to find some of the things that we had seen with our group, like the cathedral.
Don't you just love some of the old statues? Not sure what this guy is--maybe half reptile or something?
We enjoyed the walk through the old city and seeing the cathedral for Saint Theresa.
I then thought I could find my way out again as easily as I had found all these landmarks...but I didn't. We wandered around going up and down the streets and hills. We were all pretty tired by the time we did find our way out. And we still had to walk to the car!
We did find a small park for Glenn to have some of his fun.
He was so dragged around and was pretty tired of it.
We then went back to Madrid, tired and worn out. But we did enjoy seeing all that we did see this day.
We were going to go out the next day to see El Escorial, and perhaps even more. But we were so tired. My dad was the only one who ventured out.
No comments:
Post a Comment