Wednesday May 8th, my dad ventured out to El Escorial and Segovia, and then to the cities that we had seen the day before. We hadn't bought any souvenirs and Dad was willing to go again. When he got back to Madrid, he and I went to the Reina Sofia Museum.
I went there to honor my friend's request--this one's for you Adrienne! She has wanted to see Guernica in person and I wanted to see it as well. It definitely is interesting. It was quite large. Picasso was definitely an interesting man--not quite my favorite, but it's good to see 'the classics'.
After the museum, Dad and I walked to the train station.
As we neared, I asked Dad if he thought we could maybe find a taxi...He didn't quite get it until he turned and saw what I had seen--this incredibly long line of taxis waiting at the train station!
Inside we watched the many turtles. They were so funny to watch. They lounged on each other and then would fall over and not be able to get up again.

No comments:
Post a Comment