Monday, September 29, 2014

Fun in March

March was...March.  
Paul and Glenn would work on math flash cards at breakfast before Paul would leave for work.  Glenn had a lot of fun doing the math in his head.

So besides that one time we got a tiny bit of snow, Austin isn't too bad.  But it can get freezing rain.  I was really grateful we had a garage at this point, and felt bad that Maren didn't.  Her poor car was iced shut. 
Friday, March 7 our good friends, the Burger family, came down for the weekend.  They spent the night at our house and we loved having them with us!  Glenn loved having so many friends in his room with him--they were so cute!  After we put them to bed we could hear them taking turns telling stories to each other!  Paul, Maren and I enjoyed playing games with them into the wee hours of the morning.  I love good friends!  
Glenn loves having Maren as a roommate.  He also loves balloons.
We always seem to have fun at dinner time.
Glenn is the Shoulder Angel.  We had been watching episodes of Studio C and there was one with a guy who was people's shoulder angel.  He would climb onto them--without help from them--and it was hilarious!  There was one time he had to climb onto a basketball player's shoulder!  Look it up!  It made us laugh!
Glenn and Paul do all kinds of tricks and fun things together.
Glenn and his friend Atlas playing with leaves on a blustery day here in Austin.
I helped host a baby shower for a new sister in our ward.  We had a lot of fun putting it together.  We found this punch that looks like pond water, so we had the little duckies floating on top.  
Glenn had a lot of fun writing things with blocks.  This one says, " G  M D  I LOVE YOU BY"  And decoded that means, "From Glenn to Mom and Dad: I LOVE YOU, Bye!"  I would find messages like this around the apartment and it was a nice surprise when I did.

Glenn still loves books and reading!  He loves when we read to him and when he reads to himself.  We recently got The Little Mermaid book and he read it over and over.  One time he told Paul how he imagined the ending to be different.  I loved walking into a room and seeing him reading!  The last picture is of him reading Charlotte's Web.  We also recently got that and I was looking forward to reading it to him at night.  He found it and started reading it.  After he read the first two chapters I asked if he understood what was going on.  He began telling me about this little tiny pig was going to be killed, but the little girl wanted to save it.  Pretty great!  Even though he could read it on his own, Paul and I continued to read it to him at night.  
We did want to start Glenn reading some chapter books that were a little simpler.  We found The Magic Tree House series.  Here's Glenn reading at the end of the first chapter of the first book.
Fun with toys!

No comments: