Thursday, September 1, 2011

Free Bowling

July 30-August 6 was National Bowling Week.  They ended that week with a World Record Day--hoping to get as many people out bowling as they could.  I don't think this was widely publicized, but I knew about it! ;)  I was able to print off 3 free games coupons, so we went bowling!
This was Glenn's first time bowling.  He has a toy set at home, so he knew the basic idea.  He was so excited to do the real thing!  Too bad we only got one free game.  We could've kept bowling.  But I think this gave Glenn a good taste of how much fun bowling is.  

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

Glenn did really well, actually.  I think he got two strikes!

When we were in the 10th frame, I looked at the scores and was just hoping to break 100.  I watched as Paul and Glenn got 106.  Sirie did well and got a 107.  I then went up to bowl my last frame.  I did really well--I just needed those previous frames to warm up.  And I ended up winning!! I got a 115!  I think we were all surprised.
 

1 comment:

Esther/Mom/Grandma said...

Fun! I need to go bowling again ...