Sunday, September 4, 2011

Glenn and Glenn

Back in July my Grandpa Jensen fell in his back yard and had some serious head injuries from it.  Paul, Glenn and I visited him a couple of times while he was in the hospital.  The last time we did, he got some good news: he could eat some solid foods again, and that he would be admitted to a physical therapy clinic and released from the hospital the next day.  

Grandpa's hands were still a bit shaky at first and so the nurse asked if I would spoon-feed him some applesauce.  I was humbled to be feeding my Grandpa, a man whom I love so much and have looked up to my whole life.  It was kind of strange to be feeding a much older Glenn. (My Glenn is named after my Grandpa Glenn.)  We were happy to have the other good news of him being transferred to a clinic, where he would regain his strength and balance.
While there we took some funny pictures of Glenn--little Glenn--looking out the big window in Grandpa Glenn's room.  He had a beautiful view!
 
 
 

A short time later, we were again in the Salt Lake area and wanted to visit Grandpa Glenn and see his progress.  So we stopped by the clinic.  Good news--he had been released yesterday!  So we missed seeing him in the clinic, but we were happy to hear that he was finally home.
We were able to visit him a week or so ago, and he looked great!  We are so happy to still have you in our lives, Grandpa Glenn!  We love you!

1 comment:

Esther/Mom/Grandma said...

Such a cute boy! I'm glad Grandpa is doing so much better...