Sunday, September 4, 2011

Weekend Trip to Idaho

The last week of August we headed up to Idaho to attend the baby blessing of Allen's new little girl, Mia Catherine. 
We got there Saturday evening and had time before we were all meeting for dinner at Applebee's.  We found a local park so Glenn could get out and play.  They had a free water park--kind of like the place we went for Glenn's birthday. 


They also had a carousel.  
Glenn had never been on one, and since it was only a dollar a ride, we decided to let him try. 
Oh boy, did he ever love it!!
Paul suggested we put him on one of the smaller horses, so that's what I did.  We didn't realize at first that the smaller horse didn't go up and down as much as a bigger horse.  So I eventually moved him to a big horse.  Oh man!  His face lit up and he felt the 'up and down' motion so much more.  I wish we had done that in the first place.  But then again, maybe it was good for him to see a difference.
 
 
 
 We rode on it once and thought that would be good.  We tried getting him to play in the water, but after just walking around the water part, he wanted to go right back to the carousel.  So we took him on it again.  Paul stood with him this time.  I wish I had put the camera on the 'sports' setting sooner because all the pictures are blurry. 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 He wanted to ride it again and again.  He had such a fun time and he was so happy!
 

I'm glad we found this park for Glenn to get out and play.  We had a good time watching him experience one of these 'firsts'.  Then it was time to meet Paul's family for dinner.
The small boys did pretty well at the restaurant, but as we were finishing up, they were getting pretty antsy.  So Paul and I took Glenn and Sammy out to walk around.  We captured some cute pictures of the two of them, walking around, holding hands and sitting on a bench. 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 After dinner it was still pretty nice outside, so once we got back to Allen's apartment, most of us went outside to play.  There was a fun jungle gym and then a basketball pad.
 
 
 Evelyn. Matt.
 Clarisse. Glenn.
 Glenn. Allen. Sammy.
 
 Glenn. Sammy. Paul.
 
 
 Oh, and bragging rights right here!  So Allen, Paul and I played "PIG" out on the court...and I beat them both...TWICE!  : D

 The next day we gathered for breakfast at Allen's before heading to Sacrament meeting.  Allen gave a beautiful blessing and the talks were really good as well--on gratitude.  We met back at Allen's to take pictures of everyone!
 Paul. Glenn. Allen. Sammy. Dennis. Matt.
 Giovanna (or Karen). Mia. Allen. Sammy.
 Robyn. Karen. Mia. Giovanna. (Karen's mom)
 Giovanna. Clarisse. Evelyn. Robyn. Glenn. Me. Karen. Mia. Kimmy. Sammy.
I like this last one a lot.  We have cute kids!!

Thanks Allen and Giovanna (Karen) for letting us spend this special day with you.  We enjoyed being with you guys and hope everything continues to go well for you.

No comments: