Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Celebrating 80 Years

Paul's Grandpa Savage turned 80 years old the Monday before Thanksgiving--the 19th.  Paul's Mom and Aunt Bonnye held a celebration in his honor.  The party was held at Bonnye's house, also in Salt Lake.  We had gone down to Clarisse's again that morning, but they needed some help getting things ready for the party.  So Robyn, Cheryl, Glenn and I went to Bonnye's house.  Cheryl and I worked on a scrapbook which was full of pictures and letters to Grandpa Bob.  It turned out really good for how quickly we put it together.  : D
There were a lot of people there and I know Grandpa Bob had a wonderful time.  I got to meet Paul's cousin for the first time.  Holley is Bonnye's daughter, and we met in a funny way.  I was helping Cheryl and since she didn't know who I was, she thought I was just one of Cheryl's friend.  We did get talking at one point and she found out who I was--Paul's wife.  Her family was also there--she has 3 kids and one that is just 3 days younger than Glenn.  His name is Brendan.  He and Glenn became fast friends.  Holly's daughter Lexi and I got along well too.  She wanted to play games with me and to hang out with me.  
I didn't take many pictures of the guests--I didn't know most of them, but I did take some pictures of the kids playing around. 
Glenn.Brendan.Lexi.
Felicity.Mia.Sammy.
Cheryl.Evelyn.
Miles.
Brendan.Glenn. Sunny. : D
Michael.
Glenn.Brendan.Kolby.Katie.Lexi.
Glenn and Brendan thought they were playing--but really the older kids were.  They let them hold the controllers and told them to follow one of the characters.  They were sure fun to watch!

We were happy to see some familiar faces there at the party!

Happy Birthday Grandpa Bob!  We love you!!

No comments: