Sunday, December 16, 2012

Our Flight to Utah

The Friday before Thanksgiving--so November 16--Paul, Glenn and I flew out to Utah.  This was my third time back to Utah this year!  Crazy~
Anyway, we came out for Thanksgiving and for Paul's Grandpa Savage's 80th Birthday Party.  We knew that everyone would be getting together on that side of the family.  That has never happened, so we knew it was important for us to be there.
When we arrived at the airport, we sat next to a big group of soldiers coming home from Iraq.  We talked with them a bit and that was neat.  When we arrived in Utah, we were walking behind them...and when they got to the baggage claim area and where the people are waiting, the whole place erupted in applause and cheers.  We were very honored to be a tiny part of welcoming them home.  I got choked up seeing them greet their family and friends.  What a huge sacrifice for all involved!  
Thank you service men and women!!
(It's not the best picture--I just stuck my hand up and took it.)

No comments: